3.5K views
1.7
Style and Design

Grand Design is supposed to be a quality product but we have not found that to be the case. The quality of the products they use to build the trailer, as well as the workmanship on the trailers is poor.

What is worse though, is that Grand Design has terrible customer service and they don't care at all that you are having issues with their product. They don't stand behind their products.

DON'T BUY GRAND DESIGN PRODUCTS or risk being stuck with a bad product and a manufacturer that doesn't care about its customers at all. Will never buy any other Grand Design product.

Review about: Grand Design Rv Rv.

Comments

Your comment, that GD does not stand behind their products stands in stark contrast to the mountains of reports to the contrary. I find your lack of any description to be very telling.

You know what I think? You probably attacked GD with venom and vitriol for problems common to all RV's, and didn't give them the opportunity to make it right before you let them have it.

And they probably, being well within their legal rights, told you to go pound salt. I am way more ready to believe that you are a *** with unrealistic expectations, than I am to believe that your experience is "The Norm" in spite of all the evidence that discredits your claim.

We've been looking at & waiting to buy the Reflection 337 RLS since it came out! Each year something changes that we like!

This year, 2 of the BEST changes ...The "pull" window shades!The window over stove!Both of these additions are AWESOME!!!We've always had our eyes on this particular 5th wheel but out wallet has held us back! In a few years, David will retire & with good luck, our dreams will come true!

We've never seen a more beautiful camper! And we believe in their quality!

Grand design is junk

Purchased new Solitude 320x in 2015. Imitation leather on couch and love seat is deteriorating.

Lippert and Grand Design’s response, “Sorry.” We are not full timers, trailer has limited use. Company doesn’t seem to concerned about quality.

We have had nothing but GOOD customer service by Grand Design! No warranty on our camper, even though it's 2017!

Bought it used. Have had several fixes in it we had to do, but the cracked dining table was replaced by Grand Design at no cost to us. Plus they were nice enough to send folding chairs that should of came with the camper. Our dealer couldn't even get them for us, after several weeks of him contacting his "go get" to guy!, I finally contacted Grand Design, and they sent them at no cost!

I think their customer service is top grade! Quality on camper on the other hand, they do brag on all the inspections they go through, we had staples coming up in the carpet, the mirrors in sliding doors in bedroom were falling out, so had to fix those. Valance above bed was coming off due to stripping the screw, floor in bedroom creaks really bad, door coming into camper "sticks" in cold weather, we almost can't get out. Stairs to bedroom creaks.

Dining slide doesn't come in all the way, till we pull out, then it seals, causing the seal to get "chewed" up. As much as the price tag is on these "quality" built campers, they really don't practice what they preach. I am disappointed in the quality.

But customer service is great. Because where our dealer failed, Grand Design stepped up.

Full timing and boon docking in our Grand Design Reflection. Not one problem with this beautiful coach.

Dealer Service has been excellent. Sorry that this consumer had such a bad experience.

No detail. No information, No rationale review of facts... No weight.

Wow running wild, you must a freaking left leaning ***.

Why are you being so vague on your complaint? EXPLAIN your issues.

Just going off on bad customer service doesn't cut it. What are your problems/issues? You people that just go off and say nothing to back up your claim is worthless. I suggest you work with your dealer more and if you have warranties then you have every right to get proper work done on your RV.

We own a GD 350 Momentum and yes, we had issues but with warranties, we get them fixed. NO RV is perfect and NO RV will never have issues. It's what it is in the RV industry. We live in our RV full time.

Until a law is passed to protect the consumer of lemon RV's, we the consumers take the chance to buy an rv for recreation or living full time. If you can't accept that, then don't buy an rv.

#1351928

I don't recommend Grand Design. We have issues no help from a Grand Design or the dealer.

Never thought Grand Design would be like this. I guess this is why Winnebago bought them out. They do not stand behind their warranty.

Out $40,000.00 but they don't care they got their money and so did the dealer. Very very frustrated.

to Annoymous #1364782

You are still not saying what the problems r ? So this is not helping me? So I can't really understand what u r trying to talk about?