11333 Co Rd 2, Middlebury, IN 46540, USA
2.6K views
1.5
Interest Rate

We purchased a Grand Design RV in August 2016 and have had nothing but issues since purchasing it.

We believe this is a lemon RV due to the number of serious issues with this unit and requested a replacement from Grand Design, however Will at Grand Design advised me on the phone to trade it or camp.

We have only use this RV about 8 times in the last 2 years partially due to me being diagnosed with cancer.

We would have never purchased this RV had we known there were going to be all the issues listed below. We are concerned we will continue to have issues especially the risk of delaminating due to the issues on the roof that was discovered at the end of June, 2018.

Issues with RV:

• Tongue jack replaced – short in switch

• Propane line to the outdoor propane stove and hot water heater was discovered to not be installed prior to us picking the RV up.

• Seals around outside kitchen and storage areas replaced due to the doors closing properly.

• Hot water heater replaced – stopped working on first camping trip

• Skylight over tub unglued and falling – re-glued but is falling again

• Shower faucet leaked June 2017 – replaced

• Bathroom fan motor issue June 2017 – repaired

• Bearings repacked June 2017 after only pulling about 500 miles – repacked

• Awning leaking at seams – dealer discover not sealed correctly and repaired

• New problem - 1/4 “ gaps on roof in all corners which could have allowed water between walls that can cause delaminating. This RV is kept under shelter.

• New problem - wrap is bubbling and peeling in the corners around the RV

• New problem – LED light on front is not working properly – only half of it comes on

We love this RV and the design of it and have also bragged so much about it that our friends have purchased Grand Design units. We have also had great service from Grand Design until now. We are convinced this is a lemon RV and will continue to have issues.

This RV is kept under storage and out of the weather and looks brand new.

Consider another brand when purchasing your next RV.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: We have requested a replacement however Will advised me to trade or camp. .

Grand Design Rv Pros: Layout of unit.

Grand Design Rv Cons: Quality of the rv units, Poor quality, Number of issues on new unit.

Comments

Bought a lmagine 2970rl in February of 2018 every time I pull it I find broken screws inside and out. Water leak at kitchen sink water leak at main water connection.pantry door glass shattered while towing dealer said it happens often grand desighn denied a warranty replacement.strongly suggest do not buy a grand desighn

Glad we read this. Next time you talk to Grand Design, tell them they just lost a new customer for having built a lemon like yours.

They need to learn from their mistakes. I'm wondering if it was built before or after they sold out.

@Anonymous

Same type of experience here, i think they are writing their own reviews. customer service is almost non existent

@Anonymous

Had a sales rep bring a potential customer over to my 2670 MK at an RV show to ask me my opinion about my new unit. Note to sales guy...never bring a customer to someone for a testimonial unless you know what they are going to say. I felt bad for him but I assure you they lost a customer that day as well as another who asked me about my unit.